Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Handmade Christmas Gifts

In my husband's family all the cousins give to each other.  Little K gives to her cousin who is the same age as she is.   Instead of buying toys, we decided to give the gift of handmade.  We made her 3 adorable skirts adapted from Little Sassy Skirts by Cindy Taylor Oates.  I just love her books.  They are so easy to follow and for me the patterns sizes are true and fit nicely. 

I love how they turned out! 

I used chunky chenille rick rack around the bottom of this skirt.  I love it so much I'm going to have to make one for Little K.  She wouldn't take this one off while I was fitting it.



And of course we had to make doll accessories.  A sweet little flannel doll blanket about 22" x 22".  And you have to have a little pillow to match!  I used the measurements from From An Igloo's doll pillow tutorial.    Sometimes I think it's easier to use a pattern than to have to make one up.  Plus it's a great way to use up all those scraps of fabric that I just can't throw away.  I think they turned out nicely. 

And then we had to make a couple of doll bibs too.  They measure about 8" x 6 1/2".  They certainly will protect dolly from all those messy meals.  I don't know about yours, but mine tries to feed her dolly real food.

I don't think she's going to give these up willingly.  She put one on her doll and then proceeded to put one on herself and wore it around all day!  Tell me why I can't get her to wear one when she's eating! 

We had fun and we hope little cousin enjoys them.

No comments: